My Week at South!

Being a full time college student with a part time job and a hand in several organizations, there really is no such thing as a typical week. However, I thought I'd share a quick overview of my life throughout the week at South as a student.

 
On Saturday, a few friends and I kicked off our Mardi Gras celebrations with a parade in downtown Mobile! We usually try to make 2-3 of the several parades held throughout the two weeks leading up to Mardi Gras.


On Tuesday, I got a surprise FaceTime from home! I always try to keep in touch with my family since I am so far away from home. They encourage me to keep trying my best and remind me that somebody has always got my back.


On Thursday, an organization I am a part of, the American Advertising Federation, hosted guest speakers, Kelly Finley and her husband, Judge Karlos Finley, to talk about resumes and how to elevate our personal brands!


On Friday, a friend and I took a spontaneous trip to Gulf Shores to relieve some of the stress of a busy week. Gulf Shores is only about an hour and half drive, so it's nice to be able to get away every now and again. USA Day was the next day and I needed to unwind beforehand!


Saturday was USA Day! South hosts this event 3 times a year to give prospective students the opportunity to get a feel for campus life! Shelby, another Jag Guide, and I were smiling through the pain of getting up at 5 in the morning!

As you can see, the week of Jag can be very busy, but I think it is all worth it. At South, there is no limit to what one can accomplish in just a week.

Comments

Popular Posts