Where I Go To Study

There are a lot of places around South that I sneak off to study. I am the type of person who prefers quieter environments to study, but I HAVE to have some background noise that is not going to distract me from getting my work done. With that being said, here is a list of four of my favorite places to study.

1) One of my absolute favorite to places on a pretty day is the courtyard of the Recreation Center. Right behind the Rec, there is a patio with lots of tables and chairs surrounded by trees. Since it is outside, this spot makes a great place to sit down and collect yourself in the shade on a hot Mobile day. The natural sounds and the occasional noise from students in the pool around the building are enough to keep me sane, but not enough to distract me from my work.

2) Another great spot to study is in the Student Center on the second floor. This is the same floor as the food court, however, I like to study on the far side at a two person high top table. These tables are far enough from the hustle and bustle of things that I can concentrate on my work. I do have to warn you, though, that the radio in the Student Center can get a little loud, so bring a good pair of headphones just in case.

3) If I REALLY need to concentrate and have a lot of ground to cover, I like to study on the fourth floor of the Marx Library. Towards the back, there are individual study corrals that are so isolated, I feel like I am in a study space made just for me. These study corrals can get busy the closer to finals. They can also be extremely quiet and isolated, so be prepared.

4) I also love to study in my room. I'm not always the greatest at motivating myself to get stuff done, but when I have to, I can be extremely effective. Sometimes if I am just sitting in my room, I will get distracted and not do my work. However, when I am on a time crunch or a long study haul, my room is the best place I could be. I have snacks, a private bathroom, air conditioning and am in complete control of the noise and environment around me.

Comments

Popular Posts