What College Has Taught Me

Going to South has taught me a lot of things both in and out of the class room. One of the most important things college has taught me, however, is how to manage my time.

Any college student can get swept up in the fast-moving pace of their classes. As a procrastinator myself, this was one of my fears when I started attending South, knowing I'd have to take at least 15 credit hours a semester.

To reassure myself, I always try to find at least one other person in all of my classes that can serve as a study buddy. Not only do you get someone to review with or to talk to in class, you also get a friend who can help remind you to get stuff done.

Making these connections is crucial in preserving my experience in a class. I can pass a class no problem, but if I do not have a class friend to bounce off of, the class will drag on for me and I will feel left behind or overloaded.

College has made me more accountable and self-aware. I typically feel anxious if I know an assignment due. In high school I didn't really care, as I knew I'd eventually get it done (that's the procrastinator in me talking). But in college, assignments can come out of the left field and so I have grown to try and be on top of things the best I can (and that's called character growth).

Comments

Popular Posts