My Favorite Outdoor Jag Spot

There are plenty of beautiful places around campus that could compete for students' favorites. When it comes to spending time outdoors on campus, however, one of my all-time favorite places is what I refer to as "The Swamp."

The Swamp is a small body of water that sits across campus, near the nature trails. The water is filled with flourishing water lilies and trees that attract a lot of diverse wildlife. Birds, that I assume to be cranes, line the edge of the water on hot summer days. Tales of alligator sightings also add a layer of excitement to the otherwise serene environment.

A wooden bridge runs across The Swamp and is a great spot to sit with some friends and take pretty Snapchat or Instagram worthy pictures. The bridge leads directly to the start of the on campus nature trails that run through a small patch of woods at the back of campus. My friends and I always make a day out hammocking in the traffic circle and walking over to The Swamp to sit off the bridge or walk to trails.

Comments

Popular Posts