Advice Before Entering College

Before entering college, one thing I wish I knew was how important my family is to me. I spent the better part of my Senior year of high school being frustrated and annoyed with my family constantly. I honestly did not miss them when I first moved to Mobile.

However, as the months grew longer I began to I miss more and more family events because of how far away from home I was.

Now, my family is incredibly important to me. Since moving away to college, my family has adopted two amazing young children, my sister has gotten married and had her own daughter, and my grandparents have moved to a new house.

I have missed so many things because of the distance between Mobile and home. I promise it is not all sad, though! Because of this, I get to FaceTime my family all the time. I love seeing my little siblings and niece grow up and recognize me as if I was there. My family also takes spontaneous trips to visit me from time-to-time.

I'm catching up on prioritizing my family and realizing what is really important. I would tell myself two years ago to go ahead start this journey. Going to college was honestly a good catalyst for that process to start anyway. Either way, I'm happy that I was able to realize how important family was eventually.

Comments

Popular Posts